Movies, Marketing, Oh My!
Well, hello and welcome to See You in the Movies! I am happy you are here and am so excited to dive into the vast world of film and how the marketing of these films can make or break their success.
A
little background on me…I am Tayler and I have loved movies since I was little.
I have fond memories of my parents introducing their favorites to me. In second
grade, I said my favorite actor was Jerry
Lewis. Needless to say, my film knowledge was pretty vast
even at the tender age of 8.
While a career in the industry did not pan out for me, my love for the art has not faded especially the thought process behind how the film is created and most importantly, marketed to the audience.
What do you have to look forward to here? I am so glad you asked. It is summer blockbuster season and there is no shortage on big screen contenders. In the next few weeks, I will be looking at the impressive campaign for the Barbie film. In addition, I will be discussing the new Disney film, Haunted Mansion, and how the current strikes have affected the campaign. With all of the calls to action for change in Hollywood, I would be remiss to not discuss what these changes will do to the future of film marketing.
| Source: Warner Bros. |
So, grab some popcorn and
your favorite snacks and get ready for a fun ride. Until next time, I will see
you in the movies!
Please
note: I stand with SAG-AFTRA and WGA as what they are striking for is extremely
important. All posts are made with the intention of educating and looking at
the work already done by the community.
Source: Vox
Comments
Post a Comment